Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week Eight, A week of online tools...

I am very surprised about the learning during these weeks. I cannot believe how much I have gained through these weeks. It's really incredible! I am glade to write that one of my older desire came true this week when I created my site. The site is not well developed one because it was too hard for me to create one. I was successful in doing so after the hard work of more than three days. The address of the site is:https://sites.google.com/site/naqibwebskills/. I will keep working on it in the future and will surely make it a great site for my school students (Insha Allah). At the moment I have just uploaded some old papers for our new class 8 students. They will solve them and email me the answers.

The 2nd useful topic of this week was "Teaching with online tools". In Pishin, people (schools) never use online tools for teaching and learning (so far my information is concerned). I often visit schools here. Once we had an online course for two weeks,we realized that online tools are playing vital role in spreading education.
These tools can make our work easier in terms of homework, assignments and internet usage. We teach students emailing but we have never taught them using it for educational purpose. Now, we are going to use emailing and blogs for learning plus teaching.
Many people are not familiar with internet in this area. New admissions at school mention some very weak students, so we need to work very hard with them in order to bring them to the use of internet. However, students get familiar with using internet and online tools soon with regular practice. These tools have really added much as helping guides to our education and has made our work easier.
Anvill still remains  an "undiscovered planet" for me. I worked on it a lot but could not come on the track. At one time I wrote to Robert about it but unfortunately got no reply (yet). I will of course work on ANVILL and will discover it soon. 
I also posted my project draft on our partners' page. After reading Umesha's and Shihanth's drafts, I did the peer reading and highlighted different areas through the provided check list.
At last I can't stand saying that I have not learned in the past ten years what I learned in these 8 weeks.
Naqib

3 comments:

  1. Dear Naqib,

    Just like you, I`ve sharpened my tech skills with this course. I can also forsee you will soon be making a difference by sharing your experience and by promoting the use of the interactive web in the educational field in your country.

    Keep up your enthusiasm!

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Naqib, I also got some problem with Anvil trying to explore it myself. But after I watch Jeff's slides and listen to the audio, things gradually become easier. So don't be scared off it, Anvil has a great potentiality and surely will be very helpful for teaching speaking and listening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Naqib,
    I too faced lot of problems with ANVIL, and i am still waiting to get more ideas to go with ANVIL.
    As you have mentioned, this week is great as the tasks are mainly based on online tools, making websites, creating online exercises, etc. To complete the tasks, we all have gained immense of knowledge regarding online tools.

    best wishes
    shihanath

    ReplyDelete