Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 5, a week for technology based ideas

As the time passes away, we see and read newer ideas. This week's learning was excellent. I was very upset in the beginning because I had to travel to Karachi for attending a four day  "Connecting Classrooms Project Head Teachers' Training". But I am glad i covered the assigned tasks of the week. I had to work on assignments in the nights and eventually I succeeded and did not leave any work undone.
This week gave me an idea of project based learning. The idea was effective and easy to use. Rubric was quite new thing for me. I was surprised to see it and to read about it. It seemed difficult in the beginning but things got easier after looking through other peoples' rubrics. I developed my own rubric for story telling and posted  on the class wiki, at last.
I liked one thing very much this week. We had a special page where we could ask questions other than the course related. We really needed it because we have many questions to ask regarding certificates, further steps from the course designers etc.
Last time when i wrote about the issues during our teaching and in the school so Robert came up with some very useful suggestions for which I thank him, but this time the topic was related to the solutions to the issues. I was glad to share my idea of using Skype and Elluminate for distance teaching and learning. I am sure people will like the idea because we have tried them and have found them very useful. We often get less time in our periods so the mentioned softwares can make our work easier and also helps students to have free and easy access to their teachers after school time, if having any problems in their studies. I kept going with saving links to my delicious page. "Delicious" is what i needed for keeping useful site addresses in my easy accessible online memory.
I discussed the course of E-learning from the University of Oregon, with my  trainers  Tony and Dominic from UK, and Saleem Ibrahim, Project Manager iEARN Pakistan. They liked it very much and were happy to know about my grades. I also shared it with the representatives of British Council  Karachi and UK who appreciated such idea of E-teacher course.
After all, this week  is ended with putting more to our skills and practices.
Naqib

2 comments:

  1. hi Naqib really it is nice to have someone from my own country in this course.i appreciate your idea of using skype for distance learning and no doubt rubrics are very interesting to know about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Naqib,

    Great post!

    I also think that the week was excellent in terms of all those reads provided by the programme. Sometimes it seems to me that it can never be done within one week only, but as things are progressed, you just put a tick and things do not seems seem so terrifying after you complete them.
    As for me what I liked this week really much is WebQuest. Did you try any? If not, then hurry up! Good luck!

    All the best,
    Yuriy

    ReplyDelete