Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 10, a week of self and course evaluation...

I have mix feelings of great joys and deep sorrows for this is our last week. Though we look forward to working hard in future to assist our students with 21st century tools. This course, no doubt, showed me the way how to use technology as an educational tool. I wish all participants could contact each other in order to share our work and learn from each others' experience. I believe we can get help from Robert as well. it can be a good idea to create facebook page for all participants so they can post comments on each others' work.
The article about LoTi was worth reading  this week. I described my self being in the "Awareness" level and wished to be in the "Infusion" level by the end of the year.
I cannot stand describing the course a unique and very informative one. It was my first time participating in an online course. The course was nicely designed and I gained so much from it. I felt nervous in the early weeks but things got better after having communication with Robert on regular basis.
I gained a lot out of this course. I used power point before this course too but using it interactively was a unique idea. I had never thought power point could be used like this. I am now preparing some slides for my school students which is going to help them in learning different subjects. Students blogs and the creating of school site with the help of google and anvill assisted me so much because this was what I was looking for. I have created my school site so students are going to submit their assignments from next week. This is very new and unique in my province. The suggested topics and articles really enhanced my learning to a great level. L gained so much from those articles like one computer in classroom, rubrics, web quests, and so much.
I used diary for remembering site addresses before but since I have created mu "delicious" page, i feel very comfortable. Diary was something I could not carry every where. I lost it sometimes. Now, after I have created my delicious page I don't need to use pen and diary for keeping sites' history in record because using delicious is really useful and delicious for putting sites in memory.
New participants have very great opportunity if they work hard, read articles regularly and post the assigned work in time/on time. Because I have no hesitation in saying that this course is a role model for learning/gaining much in short time.
I still look forward for another opportunity of taking part in another online course from University Oregon.
Thanks to Robert and his team.
Naqib

No comments:

Post a Comment